Friday, November 20, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 11/19/09

!Hola! He echado de menos a todos mucho!

(I THINK that is Spanish for "Hi! I have missed you all so much!" But for my Spanish readers out there, I would love to KNOW that that is what I have started this post with!;)

The past two months have been an absolute whirlwind for me. In a crazy wonderful way, which is exactly how I like it. My friends have taken to calling it my fall tour. I like the sound of that. I think I will call it that as well. My "fall tour" started in October with a trip to Maryland. That trip doubled as both a vacation for my family and work for me. It was a wonderful learning experience. At times both difficult and beautiful, and at times fun and exciting- I came away from that trip a changed person. As did my husband...interestingly enough. He discovered a delight in our children in a new way, and it has transformed him into an even better father and husband than he was. I discovered limitations within myself that I hadn't encountered before, that I am now working to break through to improve both myself and my retreats. I learned an enumerable amount about my Gracious and All Powerful Lord, and about the enemy of my soul and his weaknesses. It was a ten day trip that has changed my life forever as well as the movement of this ministry.

Strings Attached is growing in both recognition and quality. With each retreat, I learn new things, about myself, about the ministry and about the women I work with. I love it, and am daily filled gratitude that I have found my purpose in this life. What a blessing!

We are moving forward with our website development and hope to have it up by the end of the year (YAY!) I am working on two books: one a ministry leader's guide to connecting with women in the church and a second that explores friendship through difficult times. The curriculum of Strings Attached is slowly being recorded to DVD format and will hopefully soon be available as a church enrichment program. So needless to say, the past few months have been crazy busy!

The retreat last weekend was wonderful! I led it for my home church, Immanuel Baptist Church in Rogers, Arkansas. Not only was a wonderful weekend with friends, but it was the best Strings Attached retreat yet! You can check out the slide show in the post below.

Before that, Charlie and I went to Cancun, Mexico for his brother's wedding. That trip is a blog post in and of itself (check back on Monday- it's scheduled to post then!)...all I can say is that my heart belongs to the Caribbean! The beautiful blue ocean and white sandy beaches were literally awe-inspiring.

So we come to today. The week before Thanksgiving 2009. I find myself prone to reflection on this crazy wonderful year. So much growth, personally, for me and my husband and my business partners and my family. So much is different, and yet it all feels like such a natural progression that it is not shocking in any way. What an amazing year it has been...and you know what one of the best parts is? I started this blog...finally! After years of saying I would. I did. And as a result, I found you guys- my coffee buddies! So sit with me, have a cup of tea (or coffee if you must), maybe a few of my gluten free scones, and reflect on what we are thankful for this year...I'll go first: I am thankful for you all! Now it's your turn...what are you thankful for?


6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my husband...who always takes such good care of me(not that I can't do it myself, but it's nice to have someone else there). Thanks for stopping by....yes, I thot Meryl Streep was fantastic as Julia....she really did an excellent interpretation. I enjoyed the movie and look forward to it coming out in dvd so i can see it again. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Strings Attached ministry sounds great...just the sort of thing we company girls need! Be sure and keep us up to date with the developments...sounds very exciting!

    I'm so thankful for my kids knowing and loving Jesus. To see the grown ones living out their faith, and my teenager starting to "get it" is priceless. This has been a tough year in many ways for us (economy has hurt...) but God has provided "enough" and that means that I've had to adjust my thinking about what "enough" is. We have so many blessings!

    Thanks so much for the coffee (I can't resist it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your ministry is taking off and doing so well! It is definitely a needed thing in today's church!

    I LOVE Cancun! My husband and I went there for our honeymoon...incredible. We said we would return for our 10th anniversary, that was before parenthood. Maybe for our 20th?

    I am grateful for a God I cannot deny. There are times I want to question, times I want to scream where is HE...but the truth of the matter is that He is in me and I cannot be without Him and He is so Good...all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite an adventure you've had this year. Lots of changes, transitions and adjustments here as well. 2009 is an unforgettable year for sure. I feel 2010 will have many exciting things for the both of us. 2 books! Hope everything works out, and that you're able to take a break from time to time to find refreshment in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment at Rachel's!
    These CG friendships are special for sure!

    Wow, your year was busy! The Lord is doing great things! Isn't it exciting waiting on Him to move. It's always in ways that far out weigh anything we dream up. He is just so GREAT!
    Your ministry sounds wonderful...I look forward to reading more about it.

    I've been posting a Thanksgiving a day on my fb this month. There is just so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my family...my husband, 5 fabulous kiddos, supportive parents, crazy fun brother, and many more extended family members whom I love and enjoy spending time with.

    Hope your Thanksgiving is perfect...with a little rest!
    LydiaCate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies, thank you so much for your encouragement and your comments. I look forward to the launch of the Strings Attached website with great anticipation! Know that I am available to lead retreats, just contact me by email at cari@gps4life.net. I just can't wait til the site gets up so I have a place to direct people.

    ReplyDelete